how to invest in shares in other countries whilst living in uk?

Question by Steve V: how to invest in shares in other countries whilst living in uk?
I wish to buy shares in china/uae/usa/india. i have chosen the companies but want to purchase them via a uk bank, but open to other options of buying, also i need to know of any pitfalls with buying and selling in these countries. thank you. Steve.

Best answer:

Answer by Jesus C
you could do internet banking and buy the shares online. like in Australia the stock market is called ASX and they have a website and you can trade there online so china/usa/india probably have the same kind of thing.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Written by under UAE Business Discussions.


  • raysor

    June 7, 2014 at 3:16 pm

    This should not be too difficult. But UK Banks are not the best place to doit. They tend to like an easy life! They usually shy away from anything out of the ordinary (like foreign shares). AUK broker would be a better bet. Indian stocks may be abit difficult anywhere.
    The thing is, if it is difficult to deal in the UK, you don’t want to do it. Reason because you will have trouble selling when the time comes. Stick to stocks that are liquid or marketable through the London market. This includes US, some Chinese, maybe some Indian. There is a small company, quoted on AIM, based in Beijing called Geong. The CEO is ex IBM and they are doing very well selling business software to SMEs. The brokers have a target of 100p + (Now about 75p)
    The downside is that when far east markets get hit anything with a Chinese connection goes down with it. See the chart of Geong.
    Contact me on and I will try and help you out.

Add a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.



Website Developed, Managed & Hosted by